United Nations Publications e-commerce store ships orders worldwide. If you live outside the United States, you may be able to save money and receive your order sooner if you contact one of our international distributors.
Cost of shipping is based on package weight and handling costs. Electronic versions of publications offered in PDF format and online services do not incur shipping and handling charges.
When selecting a shipping and handling option, remember to add 1-2 business days to the transit time for processing. Business days are Monday through Friday. We are closed on most US holidays. If you need something urgently, please contact our Customer Service Department.
Please note that our shipping and handling charges do not include international duties, brokerage fees or taxes, which may be applicable to your shipment. Such duties or taxes may form a separate charge payable directly to the courier upon receipt of the package. We have no way to determine such charges in advance as they are imposed by national customs authorities.
Shipping time is determined by the availability of products.
United States 5 - 7 Business Days
Canada and Mexico 6 - 10 Business Days
Rest of World 7 - 15 Business Days
Returns are permitted for books purchased directly from United Nations Publications under the following conditions:
- Retailers and wholesalers: Books must be returned no later than one year from date of invoice.
- All other customers: Books must be returned within 45 days from the date of the invoice.
- Books must be in resalable condition.
- For full credit, a copy of the invoice or the invoice number must be enclosed with returns.
- CD-ROMs, Posters and non-book merchandise are non-returnable.
- All items must be returned at the customer's expense. To ensure receipt, all returns must be shipped via traceable means. We will not be responsible for lost shipments.
- Returns must be sent by traceable means to:
United Nations Publications
22880 Quicksilver Drive
Dulles, VA 20166
- Books purchased from other sources will be discarded and no credit will be issued.
- A refund check for any orders paid by check or money order will be issued upon request. Credit or debit card purchases will be refunded to the same card. Returns from account holders will be credited to their account.
- To request return of damaged/incorrect books, please contact our Customer Service Unit at: email@example.com. Shipping or handling costs associated with returns cannot be reimbursed.
All claims for shortages or damaged items and requests for requests for proof of delivery must be made within 30 days. Claims regarding payments and non-receipt of orders must be made within 30 days of receipt of statement. All claims must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.